During the conference, the following two short courses will be given.
Taras E. Panov (Moscow State University, Russia)
Cobordism and group actions on manifolds.
- Bordism and cobordism: basics.
- Formal group laws and Hirzebruch genera.
- Equivariant bordism: geometric and homotopical approach.
- Localisation techniques in cobordism.
- Rigidity and fibre multiplicativity of genera.
Andrei Rapinchuk (University of Virginia, USA)
Arithmetic and Zariski-dense subgroups: weak commensurability, eigenvalue rigidity and applications to locally symmetric spaces.
- Eigenvalue rigidity and isospectral and length-commensurable locally symmetric spaces.
- Arithmetic and Zariski-dense subgroups and their weak commensurability.
- Some techniques: generic elements.
- Arbitrary Zariski-dense subgroups.