Kraków July 17-20 2015
|honouring: Krzysztof M. Pawałowski and András Szűcs
on their 65th birthdays — as well as: Július Korbaš,
Józef H. Przytycki, Paweł Traczyk, and Robert Wolak
on their 60th birthdays.
The conference lectures cover research results on topics such as
- Theory of Knots & Links (organized by Maciej Borodzik, Józef H. Przytycki, Paweł Traczyk)
- Geometry of Manifolds (organized by Bogusław Hajduk, Aleksy Tralle, Robert Wolak)
- Topology of Manifolds (organized by Július Korbaš, Krzysztof M. Pawałowski, Robert Wolak)
- Toric Topology & Group Actions on Manifolds (organized by Andrzej Kozłowski, Mikiya Masuda,
Masaharu Morimoto, Krzysztof M. Pawałowski)
Nine expository-survey talks addressed to young researchers discuss a number of related problems and open questions.
- General coorganizers of the conference are Krzysztof M. Pawałowski and Robert Wolak.
- Local coorganizers of the conference are Robert Wolak, Andrzej Czarnecki, Ada Pałka.
The venue of the conference is the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Jagiellonian University in Kraków
http://www.matinf.uj.edu.pl/en_GB/. The street address reads as follows: ul. prof. Stanisława Łojasiewicza 6, 30-348 Kraków.
The lectures start on Friday morning, July 17, 2015, and end on Monday afternoon, July 20, 2015.
The conference venue is approximately 30 minute ride from the city center (direction: Czerwone Maki, stop: Norymberska).
There is a convinient and regular bus (no. 194) and tram (no. 52) service running to the university campus — see the /map/.
All necessary information about ticket fees in Krakow public transport you can find /here/. There is also a search engine
that will help you get around the city, available /here/. The /website/ tells you how to reach the city center from the airport.
In Kraków, there is a large number of hotels of all categories. If you wish to make a hotel room reservation yourself,
please note that July is the peak tourist season in this popular tourist destination. Therefore, we suggest to reserve
your hotel room as soon as possible. A convenient location for your hotel could be the Old Town of Kraków, because
there is a very good tram connection between the Old Town and the venue of the conference.
The conference is organized and supported by the Jagiellonian University in Kraków, with additional support of
- Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland
- Gdańsk University of Technology, Gdańsk, Poland
- University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
We recommend the website http://www.map.mpim-bonn.mpg.de/Category:Manifolds
of the Manifold Atlas Project for expository and survey articles about manifolds.
Please visit the website http://www.conference-service.com/conferences/geometry-and-topology.html
for the COMS calendar of upcoming scientific conferences, including conferences on geometry and topology.